Leave a Lasting Legacy to Unity of Bonita
Why a Legacy?
If you have been nurtured by the fellowship and teachings you received at Unity of Bonita Springs
If Unity has made a positive difference in your life
If you want to insure those postive programs are available for future generations
If you have a compelling need to make a difference in the world
Types of Legacies
- Gift of a dollar amount
- Gift of a specific asset
- Gift of a percentage of your estate
With the help of an advisor or attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to Unity as a part of your estate planning.
Benefits of Bequests:
- Can be changed or updated at any time
- Gift is generally not subject to any federal tax
Gift from your IRA
If you are 70 1/2 or older, you must withdraw a portion of your IRA each year ("required minimum distribution"). You must pay income tax on the portion you withdraw.
- You can direct your IRA Administrator to distribute a gift to Unity from your IRA (up to $100,000)
- Your gift will count towards your "required minimum distribution"
- You will pay no taxes on the gift amount transferred
- Your tax-free gift reduces your gross income for the year and may reduce your overall tax bracket
Other Gifting Options
Charitable Life Estates: the gift of a property-a home, vacation property or land
Charitable Life Income Plans: a charitable gift annuity enables you to make a future gift and receive a life-time income
- Making a meaningful legacy gift
- Income tax reductions
These are the resources you should consult when considering a legacy gift program:
- Financial Planner
- IRA Plan Administrator